This recipe makes 5 cups of cake batter and 26 cupcakes. Possibly more cupcakes if I had put the batter in more evenly.
• 1 cup softened butter
• 1 ¾ cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups milk
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour or use gluten-free flour to make this recipe gluten free
• 6 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
• 1 ½ tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp salt
• ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
What you do is;
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. prepare your pans or muffin tin.
2. In a bowl, sift together the cocoa, baking soda, flour, and salt.
3. Take a large mixing bowl and stir together the butter and sugar until you have a fluffy mixture. I use my stand mixer for this.
4. Add the eggs one by one, mixing well in between.
5. Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing.
6. Take the flour mixture and add a little of it. Beat well. Add a little milk and continue beating. Continue like that until all the ingredients are well combined.
7. Pour in the chocolate chips and give it a stir.
8. Pour the cake batter into your pan or distribute evenly between muffin cups. I use my Pampered Chef large scoop now and it has made a world of difference in my baking. Click this link to order yours. Trust me when I say it will change your life! https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/344877283963170589/
9. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean for cakes. 20-23 minutes for cupcakes.
10. Allow your cakes or cupcakes to cool 10minutes before popping them out of the pan.
Click on this link to purchase the buttercream frosting to go with this recipe. To make this recipe chocolate, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder.